Tuesday, August 10, 2010

International Packing and Shipping Day!

The last week we've been preparing for our packing and shipping day. We've attempted to sort through the toys, clothes and paperwork that we will need for the next 6+ weeks.

The morning of the move and yes, it's raining.


Can I attempt to call this organized chaos?


Part of our 'keep' pile

Packers arrived by 9am.

Boxes are beginning to stack up

Luckily the weather cleared and the rain stopped. Avery charmed the moving guys and even had one playing with her. The strangest thing found today was a cell phone that wasn't ours. I only had one 'uh oh' moment when I realized I forgot to tell the packers that Josh had separated his work shirts and pants to keep in the closet. Luckily we only had to open 3 boxes to find them.

More boxes. Avery did shed a few tears while watching all of her toys getting packed up.

Suddenly trapped by boxes


No more space for boxes


Our 20' container


Inside of the container, building a bulkhead

By 2:12pm the truck with container pulled away from the house.
At 2:35pm it started raining and rained for over 2 hours.

The aftermath

3 comments:

TonyaMarie said...

How exciting!!! Loving all of the progress. Can't wait until you are back in the states. Not long now, huh!

Lisa D. said...

YEAH!!!! Coming home!! Can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

I'll buy "organized chaos!" Well done, Sara. I hate moving so I'm impressed with your progress!! =)

~Hayley