Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Introducing Rylee Elle

Sunday morning I was woken up at 2:30am with contractions. I slept on and off till about 3:30. My contractions were about 10 minutes apart with an occasional one at three or four minutes. I decided to wake Josh and call my OB who advised that I should go to the hospital to be checked. On the drive to the hospital my contractions were only about 4 minutes apart. We checked into the hospital at 4:45am where the nurses decided to send us straight to a labor and delivery room. I promptly asked for an epidural and was told that I could have one as soon as I had one bag of fluids and my blood work came back. Contractions at this point were speeding up and becoming much more intense. To be honest, this was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. My hats off to the women who do this voluntarily but I had no intent on natural labor. When asked if I wanted to wait to push until the OB on call from my office arrived or use the hospital OB on staff I think I replied that I didn't really have a choice. I also recall pushing a nurses arm away as she tried to check that I was dilated and effaced enough to be pushing. "I can't" was a common phrase out of my mouth. Once I was convinced that I could roll on my back and put my feet up it was less than three pushes and Rylee Elle made her appearance. 5:17am, a short 32 minutes after arriving at the hospital. 8lbs 7ozs and 20inches long.




Proud Daddy


Meeting Grandma and Grandpa for the first time.


Avery meets Rylee


Happy Family



Hearing Test and she passed!

Rylee had several extra tests while in the hospital including a heart sonogram, renal sonogram and x-ray. She does have fluid around her heart and a hole in between the upper chambers of her heart. All results are coming back with positive results but all will need additional follow up in the following weeks. Additional chromosomal testing is being performed on the placenta to reconfirm Trisomy 21 and give us any additional genetic information.

We would have been given the all clear to the leave the hospital on Monday but the pediatrician wanted to see Rylee eating more and keeping her temperature up. On Tuesday morning we were given the all clear to go home!

Going Home!

Arriving Home

My heart is full. I hope and pray that Rylee continues to be healthy and happy. What an amazing addition to our family. We love you Rylee!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been saying the same thing~"my heart is full"
i'm so happy for you and your family! you will be an amazing mother to that precious baby girl!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I guess it's time to re-name this Blog to "Adventures by Avery & Rylee"...!? :)

TonyaMarie said...

Love all of the pictures! I'm glad you all are enjoying Rylee and your time as a new family of 4. Can't wait to meet her!

Mandy said...

Love the pics - just wondering why Josh looks more tired than you do Sara:) Haha! Love to everyone and I agree with Adam - there is definitely going to need to be a blog name change - not that you have anything else to do right now:)

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you went to the hospital when you did! Congrats again and we can't wait to meet her!

Kelly said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!