Thursday, June 4, 2009
Kudos!
Who would have ever thought that I would give an airline kudos after all the mishaps I have had in the last year. But I have to say that I had a great flight from London to Chicago. Check in went smoothly and Avery and I got a bulkhead seat, they even blocked out the seat next to us so we had our own row. Security was a breeze other than having to taste some of Avery's food. After checking in at the gate just prior to boarding three gate agents came over to make sure we were ok, make sure we had gotten a bulkhead seat and play with Avery. At boarding they even put her stroller in the first class cabin closet so I wouldn't have to have it gate checked. The flight attendant in my area immediately came over and introduced herself and asked Avery's name. After take off she brought over a stack of blankets and covered the floor at my feet so that Avery could sit and pay. Avery did well, she slept less than 2 hours total but she never cried and she loved playing on the floor, standing at the seats and making faces at other passengers. I guess all of my prep work paid off; new toys, good snacks and 2 changes of clothes! Several passengers in the passport control line even commented on how well she did. Although it is a long and tiring day, and lots of hours from the time we left the house in London until we arrived at the South Haven lake house, it was all worth it. My new niece Clara is adorable and a great baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment