Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Swimming Lessons!
Today was our first day of mom and baby swimming lessons. There were 10 of us in the class. The babies ranged from 8 weeks up to Avery, she was the oldest. Part of the class I pushed Avery through the water on her back with her ears in the water. She wasn't so sure about the water in her ears, she closed her eyes most of the time and put her hands on top of her head a few times. Throughout class we worked on teaching the kids a technique to hold their breath when water is running down their faces. At the end of class each child was submersed by the instructor for a second using the same breath holding technique. I had read about the submersion before class so I was aware that it was going to happen, otherwise I don't know how I would have felt about it. Avery gave a little cry after her dip but quickly snuggled up on my shoulder and immediately settled down. Overall the class was a success and fun!
Thank you to cousin Grace for the swimsuit or swimming costume as it is called here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AHHH!!! She's getting so big. And she is totally adorable in her swimming costume.
Love the laughing video! Avery is too cute for words! I wish we lived closer so the girls could entertain one another!! Hope all is well! :)
Post a Comment