This afternoon Avery and I participated in our first 'Pushy Mothers' class. The class meets for one hour once a week in the Heath. Basically you put your baby in your buggy and rotate cardio and strength exercises. I was pretty impressed. They can handle different fitness levels by leap frogging the rest of the group at your own fast walking pace and the strength exercises are only as difficult as you make them. Part of the time you walk single file and other times you walk two by two and the instructor rotates your partner so you get a chance to chat with many of the people in the group. There were babies ranging from 8 weeks to a little boy 3 days younger than Avery. Today was just a trial for me to see if I liked it. I think I will join the class. It was a good outing and a good workout.
Earlier this week we met up with Kristin and Ella. They moved to West Hampstead at the same time we moved. They are from the DC area. Ella is 5 months old and Will is 3, we didn't actually meet Will, he was in school. We had lunch and almost chatted like old friends. We have so many things in common with our relocations, it was nice to meet someone going through the same things we are. After lunch we stopped into Sainsubury the grocery store. I had started telling Kristin that the baby food here sucked and she wanted to see what I was feeding Avery since she hasn't started Ella on solids yet. I urged her to request visitors to bring baby food with them from the US. It was really a nice meeting with them, I think we will be getting together with them again soon.
We were also supposed to start a swimming class this week but they gave away our spot before we received our UK bank cards to pay with. I was really looking forward to it, I'm disappointed we missed out. I found another place for classes and I'm waiting to hear back from them to book in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great exercise group! Gavin and I plan to break out the stroller this week when the warmer weather comes back. Mama needs out of the house. It seems our days just fly by, but we really do little more than play, eat, and sleep.
Post a Comment