Wednesday, March 18, 2009

8 1/2 Month Update

I have been curious to know what Avery weighs and how much she has grown for a few weeks now. Our last official update was at her 6 months appointment in December. So, I finally figured out how the 'well baby' visits work here. You don't get a scheduled appointment like you do in the US. The surgery (doctors office) has a two hour baby class once a week. Two doctors sit in a classroom, you sign in and are called in order. They have a scale and several changing areas set up so you can take babys clothes off and back on. I opted for the self weighing option since I didn't have any questions for the doctor.

Weight
8kg as read on the scale or 17.6lbs (30th percentile)

Height
28in (75th percentile)

Head Circumference
18in (95 percentile)

As a mechanical engineer I find it really amusing to take measurements of my daughter. I mean seriously, how much error is in those measurements!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered what those percentiles were for. I mean, I understand their meaning, but what's the point? Who cares how many babies have a head bigger than hers? She's perfect!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Hey, and at least she's on the chart for head circumference. I guess big brains tend to run in the family.