Day 1
Friday morning started out early. We were up and ready and left the cottage by 5:30am for our 6:30 train to Paris. Yes, a train, like I said before I'm done with airplanes for a little while.
Josh even upgraded us to Leisure class. While boarding, the train attendant (I just realized I have no idea what they are called) saw that we had Avery and moved our seats to an area with 4 seats and a table instead of the 2 seats and a table that we had reserved.
The train ride went smoothly, we had a full breakfast and Avery even slept for part of the ride.
We met up with Uncle Adam and Aunt Kim at the hotel and planned our day from there. Since it was raining we decided that it was the perfect day to go to the Louvre.
As you can tell Avery was thrilled to go to the Louvre.
Fun in the Louvre...
Adam was really getting into this exhibit, too bad it was closed.
Mona Lisa
Adam's first attempt at the Heisman, as instructed by Josh. Very amusing and very wrong.
Josh and Avery at the inverted pyramid.
Then it was on to Notre Dame.
There was some sort of music service going on while we were there.
We finished the day off with a 3 course meal at a quaint restaurant. Luckily the restaurant was fairly empty when we arrived and the waiter helped to translate the menu. The food was great. Avery even partook in the french bread.

We had a great day. The night on the other hand got to be quite difficult. For some reason Avery refused to sleep in the crib. She would be completely asleep and as soon as I laid her down she would wake up screaming. For the first time ever she slept in bed with Josh and I. It was a long night...
No comments:
Post a Comment